Community Information on COVID-19
In an effort to slow the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), to minimize public exposure, and to ensure the continuity of essential City Services, the City of Webster Groves will be altering operations. The City, over the last few years, has worked to improve accessibility to services, information, activities, and other resources on-line. Many of our services are accessible remotely. Public access to City Hall at 4 E. Lockwood Avenue is limited. We appreciate your patience as we all respond to this community health issue and we encourage you to check our website to stay informed. Below you will find information on City events and locations, as well as community information as it is available. Please note, this situation is ever evolving. Every effort will be made to keep this page as up-to-date as possible. In addition to this information, you can sign up at webstergroves.org/notifyme (City Services) for emails on closures, etc. or visit us on Facebook at facebook.com/webstergrovescity. (Updated 5/27/2020)
City Buildings, Services, and Utilities
- April 7 Municipal Election - The election has been postponed to June 2. The candidate forum scheduled for March 25 has been canceled. View ballot information, and find out more about the Council candidates.
- Boards and Commissions - All monthly board and commission meetings are canceled through June at this time. Should a board or commission find it necessary to meet, the meeting will be accessible via teleconference. Visit webstergroves.org/teleconference for information on how to access.
- Business License Renewals - The due date for business license renewals has been moved to June 15, 2020.
- Building Permits - Building permits are still being accepted. Permit applications can be found online at webstergroves.org/documentcenter. Permit applications with the required submittal documents can be brought to City Hall. Review payments can be made by check at this time. Payments made with a credit card will be held and required with the permit fees upon issuance of the permit. Please call 314-963-5332 or 314-963-5325 if you have questions about submittal requirements.
- City Council Meetings - City Council meetings will be available to the public only via teleconference. Visit webstergroves.org/teleconference for information on how to access.
- City Hall - Limited public access 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday - Friday. No public side door entry. Front lobby entry only for document pickup and drop off. Those doing business with the City are encouraged to contact 314-963-5300 or email. Appointments can be scheduled for any business that cannot be conducted via phone or electronic means. See our information on Building Permit and Occupancy Permit procedures elsewhere on this page. Due to ongoing concerns regarding the spread of contagion and the safety of our citizens and staff, all who enter City Hall will be required to wear a face mask. If you don’t have a mask, one will be provided for you. If you choose not to wear a mask, all City business with City government must be done online, through the mail, or by telephone.
- Missouri Stay at Home Order - The Missouri Stay at Home order expired on May 4, 2020, but social distancing regulations still apply. St. Louis City and County regulations are in the process of being relaxed. Please visit www.stlcorona.com for details.
- Municipal Court - Court dates are canceled through June. Individuals on these dockets will be contacted with a new Court date. At this time payments can only be made online, by US Mail, or by using the night drop located on the front doors of City Hall.
- Notary Services - Notary Public services are suspended until further notice.
- Occupancy Permits - With the exception of new construction and unoccupied structures, Inspectors will cease occupancy inspections. Persons needing an inspection in order to move into a residential structure or unit in the next few weeks should call 314-963-5332 or e-mail the Planning Department at email@example.com. A temporary occupancy permit can be issued on a case by case basis. An inspection will occur once the City determines it is safe to perform such activities.
- Parks - At this time, City parks are open during regular hours (6 a.m. - 1/2 hour after sunset). Please continue to observe social distancing recommendations. All park playgrounds and restrooms are closed, as are the Action Park (skate park) and Memorial Park tennis courts (for construction).
- Police Department - Until further notice, the Webster Groves Police Department’s main lobby is closed. For non-emergency assistance or help from the Records Unit, please contact (314) 645-3000, or press the call button on the Department’s call box at the east entrance to the Police Department at City Hall.
For emergencies, call 9-1-1.
- Press Release - March 18, 2020 Press Release from City
- Public Interactions – Persons conducting business with the City should attempt to do so by phone 314-963-5300 or e-mail. A list of department e-mails can be found at webstergroves.org/directory. Appointments can be scheduled for any business that cannot be conducted over these means. Due to ongoing concerns regarding the spread of contagion and the safety of our citizens and staff, all who enter City Hall will be required to wear a face mask. If you don’t have a mask, one will be provided for you. If you choose not to wear a mask, all City business with City government must be done online, through the mail, or by telephone.
- Recreation Complex - Closed until further notice.
- Recreation Programs - Canceled until further notice.
- St. Louis County Stay at Home Order - The St. Louis County Stay at Home order expired on May 18, 2020. Residents are still asked to limit activities, non-essential business, and non-essential activities. Stay at home FAQ
- Waste Management - Residential call centers are closed. Bulky item collection has resumed. Visit their Alert Center for more information and to sign up for notifications. At this time, yard waste is still being collected as normal.
- Economic Assistance - A list of resources for businesses and residents of Webster Groves in need of economic assistance.
- Public Library - The Webster Groves Public Library is closed until further notice. Check them out on Hoopla, Kanopy, Overdrive, and other online services to download books, movies, music, and more. Find them on social media for story time and more.
- Restaurants - Some restaurants have opened to limited dine-in customers, while others continue to operate on a carry-out, curbside pickup, drive-through, or delivery basis only. Visit them online to check procedures or place an order.
- Retail Businesses - Many businesses have altered their hours or moved to pickup/delivery only. Contact in advance for the most current information.
- Schools - The WGSD schools as well as all schools in the Archdioscese of St. Louis are currently closed for the remainder of the school year. Webster University has extended online instruction through the end of the spring semester. All Webster Groves school district schools and their properties are closed to the public.
- Senior Living Facilities - Most senior living facilities remain closed to visitors. Contact in advance to check policies.
- St. Louis County Parks - All County parks have reopened to the public. No County parks are within Webster Groves city limits.
- St. Louis County Statistical Information - Case numbers, cases by ZIP code, test locations, and more.